GWCT Rules and regulations
1. World Classic Tour rules and regulations are valid on top of the FIS rules (ICR).
2. Athletes must act in accordance to FIS (ICR) and World Classic Tour rules and regulations.
a. During competition days, a World Classic Tour Race Director will be appointed to ensure that the following rules are respected and executed.
b. World Classic Tour Race Director has the prerogative to act upon violations of the rules.
3. Regarding individual WCT competitions (CHAMPION, YOUTH, SPRINT, and ATHLETE OF THE DAY), the athletes who want to take part to those competitions must possess a valid FIS licence in order to collect points.
4. Teams wanted to compete for World Classic Tour TEAM's points must be registered as a World Classic Tour TEAM. Team's registration for World Classic Tour 2018 is free of charges. The application to register a team must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The application has to be sent before the 1st June 2018.
6. To be considered as a WCT TEAM, the team must consist of a minimum of three athletes and maximum 10 athletes - women and men athletes included.
7. Athletes cannot change teams during the WCT season and teams cannot unregister athletes during the season.
8. The season is defined as 1st June to 17th of September.
9. A new athlete can be register in the team during the season in accordance with the previous rules (5. - 6. - 7.). A written notification has to be sent to the WCT Race Director 48 hours before the start of a stage for reviewing.
10. WCT team has to be registered to receive free accommodation on the WCT events according to the following agreement detailed on 11.
11. Based on the ranking of Ski Classics Pro Team season 2017-2018:
a. Teams ranked from 1-3 in Ski Classics Pro Team final standings will receive free accommodation with full board for 2 nights at each WCT stages for up to 7 people.
b. Teams ranked from 4-5 in Ski Classics Pro Team final standings will receive free accommodation with full board for 2 nights at each WCT stages for up to 5 people.
c. Teams ranked from 6-10 in Ski Classics Pro Team final standing will receive free accommodation with full board for 2 nights at each WCT stages for up to 3 people.
d. Teams ranked from 11-15 in Ski Classics Pro Team final standing will receive free accommodation with full board for 2 nights at each WCT stages for up to 2 women athletes.
e. Teams ranked from 16-20 in Ski Classics Pro Team final standing will receive free accommodation with full board for 2 nights at each WCT stages for 1 woman athlete.
12. Single male/female athletes not register in the top 10 Ski Classics Pro Team - season 2017-18 and ranked 1-20 in Ski Classics Champion final standings season 2017-18 will receive free accommodation with full board for 2 nights for 1 person.
13. Registered WCT TEAM will get a space on worldclassictour.com website to present their Team and Athletes.
Prize money and special prize
14. At the last stage, World Classic Tour athletes and teams have to be present to receive their prize money. If an athlete is unable to participate to the final stage regardless the reason, the athlete must submit to the Race Director a document stating clearly the reason of not attending (medical reason has to be certified by a doctor). In case of non-presentation of any document, the prize money will not be transferred to the athlete.
15. The overall prize money for World Classic Tour 2018: 30 000 euros. The prize moneys are distributed in accordance of the table in Appendix 3.
16. Prize Money from Guide World Classic Tour will be paid upon invoice and will be sent according to the financial details in Appendix 4. The invoice has to include a valid organisation number.
17. Athlete of the day prize: the winner in this category will receive special prize offers by the different stage sponsors.
Points and distinctive bibs
18. On the first World Classic Tour stage, the various WCT bibs will be distributed to the athletes having won the previous edition WCT CHAMPION and SPRINT and YOUTH categories. In case of the previous edition winner of the category YOUTH is too old to compete on this category during the new WCT season, the following best-ranked athlete in age of competing for the new WCT season will wear the YOUTH bib.
19. Guide World Classic Tour points are awarded according to the points table in Appendix 2.
20. World Classic Tour CHAMPION and SPRINT points are awarded according to the point tables (see "Scoring 34. and 35."). The daily leader of those rankings is the highest placed athlete in the general individual CHAMPION / SPRINT ranking and will wear the distinctive WCT CHAMPION/ SPRINT bib.
21. World Classic Tour YOUTH competition is reserved for athletes born since the 1st January 1993. The WCT YOUTH points are awarded according to the points scored by the athlete in the WCT CHAMPION competition. The daily leader of those rankings is the highest placed athlete in the general individual YOUTH ranking and will wear the distinctive WCT YOUTH bib.
22. World Classic Tour ATHLETE OF THE DAY will reward the athlete who has made the greatest effort and who has demonstrated the best qualities of sportsmanship. The prize, which is awarded at each stage is decided by a jury presided over by the race director.
23. World Classic Tour TEAM points are gathered from the team's top two men WCT CHAMPION points and top single woman WCT CHAMPION points in each World Classic Tour's stage, and the total WCT SPRINT points collected on each event by all the team members.
24. World Classic Tour JUNIOR competition: no junior overall ranking and price will be awarded in 2018. After two years in test, the participation is not satisfying enough to keep the competition running.
25. The bibs are provided to the various WCT ranking's leaders at each stage. There is an order of priority: first the WCT CHAMPION bib, followed by the WCT SPRINT bib, then the WCT YOUTH bib. When a rider is leader of several general rankings, he/she only wears one bib: the one designated by the order of priority. The other bibs are then worn by the runners-up, the 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the corresponding general ranking. In case of the absence of a general ranking's leader on a stage the leader bib will be worn by the runners-up, the 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the corresponding general ranking.
26. World Classic Tour Race Director may retain collected WCT individual and/or Team points if an athlete is violating rules in an event. A protest must be handed in to the Race Director within 60 minutes after the winner finishes the event by handing over to the Race Director or Jury a written protest, or emailing email@example.com, protest are handled according to FIS ICR-rules. All results are final one hour after the event winner has finished and the jury and/or race director has checked protests. Exceptions will be made in case of doping violation.
27. An athlete must finish the race within 20% of the winning time according to the gender in order to receive points in the CHAMPION and YOUTH competition. In order to receive SPRINT points, the athlete must finish the race.
28. In the case of a dead-heat between two competitors the points for the places will be added together and divided by two (e.g. in a dead-heat for 1st and 2nd places, both athletes will receive (200+170)/2 = 185 points).
29. If two or more athletes score the same number of points after the final event, the winner is the athlete who has: a. The highest number of individual WCT wins during the season b. The best results (i.e. most 2nd places, most 3rd places, etc.) c. The best ranking on the WCT final stage
30. Each WCT TEAM participating in a World Classic Tour event shall have a representative at the race Team Captains meeting the day prior to the race.
Map Guide World Classic Tour 2018
WCT Summerski AB
461 31 Trollhättan
Västra Götalands län